- The 2014 Ride in the Rocks Event is Here!!!
- Everything You Need to Know About Triathlons
- The PHAST Foundation Triathlon on November 1st, 2014
- Shift Cycle Wear New Offer: Free Design and Free Delivery
- Shift Cycle Wear's new 2014 Katie Ride for Life Men's Jersey
- Sierra Valley Metric Shows their Support for Sierraville Volunteer Fire and Rescue
- The Three Kings of North Salt Lake, Utah
- Shift Cycle Wear: Tour de Cashiers
- What do I need to Know About Purchasing Cycling shoes?
- Cycling Jerseys: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly!!
Posted by Shift Cycle Wear on 10/14/2014
Races are organized for charity purposes and also as sporting events and participants must register themselves as per the schedule outlined by the organizers. There may be other rules and regulations with regard to the equipment participants can use. For example, the use of flippers and any other floatation devices for swimming might be barred. Or it may be mandatory that competitors have on proper cycling helmets before they mount their bicycles. Both amateurs and professionals compete in such events and amateurs are usually classified according to age and sex.
If you are preparing to take part in a triathlon, you need to train your body for all three sections. Most triathletes find that running and cycling are easier than the swimming section where you might need to perfect your technique. When training do remember to give your body adequate amounts of rest while training. You might need to push yourself a little to build that stamina! Take up endurance routines such as pilates, weight training and yoga. And when training, take three factors into careful consideration, your lactate threshold, aerobic capacity and economizing on the energy you expend.
Above all, it is always prudent to train under the direction of a qualified expert. And if you’re looking for the appropriate apparel that is suited for the cycling segment, visit us at Shift Cycle Wear and check out our collection. You are sure to find everything you need.
More results: 1 2